Tuesday, August 31, 2010

It's the little things

o chicken little (Evangeline) seriously makes more noises then Tickle Me Elmo. Sometimes it sounds like she swallowed a little bird, other times it sounds like she swallowed a lamb, other times its just loud grunts. At first they were really cute, but now she can be so loud that I can not fall asleep. So we have been placing her in the crib for a couple hours a night, which really is pointless since its like 1.5 ft from the bed. But for some reason it does muffle the sounds just a wee bit.
The doctor recommended that we place her in disposable diapers at night to see if we could get her to sleep for more than 2 hours at a time. So we reluctantly tried it since poor Allison desperately needs her sleep. It lasted only 2 nights and it only got us 1 more hour of sleep. Miss E got a bad red tush that we were not happy about, so back to the cloth diapers she went. We hope she will start to sleep for longer periods of time at night. She sure is feeding a lot these days. Poor Allison must feel like a nursing machine. So hopefully this means she is continuing to gain weight.

At her month appt she weight 8 lbs 2 ounces and was 21 inches tall! According to the breast feed baby chart she is at 25%. Not to bad as long as she continues to grow at a steady rate. She got her 2nd Hep B shot (which I forgot the immunization record). Our Dr is great- he just talks and talks about gay rights with us. He is great! Every appt (4 so far) we spend almost an hour with him, and most of it is political or gay rights talk. He loves that I have my mph because he says he can talk to me like he can't with "those other parents" when we were discussing vaccinations. I told him my experience with the moms on my cloth diapering blog and the outlandish excuses for why moms do not vaccinate their babies. I told him I am all for All organic food, cloth diapering and all the other earthy crunchy things but vaccination and health care I am all scientific. I joked about the car fax commercial- when someone states something to me, I say "Show me the medical journal"! He got the joke :)

We are starting to use the baba sling and soon will be getting the Ergo carrier to hold her more often. I really want a Kelty backpack but Allison says she will not wear it unless we are hiking. So I said let's go hiking! But it didn't work. We do want to start night walks since the weather is actually beautiful lately. We did buy the Baby Bjorn potty and she did manage to poop and pee in it once. Now we just need to learn to read her cues so we can get her to use it more often. I have a friend that got her 2 month old to poop for 6 days in a row on the potty (yay Serenity) Yes my blog has shout outs! So I am a little more confident that the whole EC thing works!


Shout out to Soleil! (its says you are my sunshine)

No comments:

Post a Comment