Let's see... 4 weeks ago our little Evangeline came into our lives on my birthday. It was a day full of emotions for me. I had been around newborns and had my share of experience in raising them. But it really hit me that this little person is MY daughter, not my niece, not my god child, just my daughter. WOW! There will be no handing her over when she fusses too much. Nor will I be able to load her up on sugar, take her to the movies and then drop her off (it was all out of love though :) . Looking back at these first weeks I can say that time is flying by. At first exhaustion and being at home all the time got to me. But now that I am back at work, I long to be home and long to just hold her little hands. I am excited that cloth diapering is working out for us. It is not as time consuming as I thought and honestly I can see how many wipes and disposables we are saving.
Allison is an amazing mother. I love watching her with Evangeline, she sure has more patience then I will ever have.
There have been some pretty funny and completely maddening experiences:
- her sheep and little bird noises she makes (which I will record and post so you can hear)
- changing a prefold in little to no light while making sure its on correctly
- finding it hard to find outfits that fit her butt that grows 3 times its size after a cloth diaper goes on
- constantly washing her NB size items since most of ours were 0-3 which she is still to small for
- finding out that no socks or shoes fit- though they say 0 on them.
- realizing that Allison holds all power because she controls the boobies that feed our child
- whispering to Allison across her in bed ( now we just talk- whispering a thing of the past
- washing out her prefolds and wipes at night half asleep with extremely hot water can be dangerous to our floors
- A shoulder rub will get me out of the dog house with Allison these days
- Red Box and Blockbuster Express have become our nightly entertainment until I can get back to my weekly movie night
- I miss my family more now then ever
- She has my nose and sleeps just like me- we will see if she gets dimples soon.
- I am already wondering what her voice will sound like
- Her library collection is going to be bigger then Luna's and I didn't think that was possible, but there are so many books I want to read to her...
- Looking at her and then at Allison and trying to remember what her belly looked like with her in it.
So what changes have I seen in Evangeline:
- she smiles now
- she holds her head up for longer periods of time
- still hates tummy time
- still hates cold wet cloth wipes to her butt at 1am, 3am, 5am, ....
- makes more noises while waking up then before, at least a 5 min ritual
- loves to stare at the corner blinds in the living room (maybe that's where her guardian angel stands)
|Fresh out of the bath|